When I want to edit in PS (6 in this case), it opens up PS 6 but my picture never shows up. I've checked the "Window" and no file number shows up there, so it's not that the photo is hidden--it just never opens. Tried opening a photo to PS 5 and no problem. BTW, I have another MacBook Pro and the LR4.1 to PS 6 process works just fine. Uninstalled PS 6 and then re-downloaded it, but it still won't work. Must be something with LR 4.1 but what? I optimized the catalogued and opened and closed it, to no avail. Help!
Thanks, Jeffrey, I tried that and it still doesn't work. I'm using a Canon 5D Mk III camera, so that seems to be the problem -- I can open other files, but not those from the Mk III. I checked the Camera Raw info for CS 5 & 6 to be sure I had the latest, and I can open the files in CS 5 with the latest update but not CS 6, even though CR for CS 6 says it works w/ the Mk III. So I guess I'll have to use CS 5 or open the file directly from the HD rather than via LR4.1. A pain...
Sorry, Rebecca, but it appears no one is willing to address this issue. The work-around that I am using is to render the Mark III photo in LR before sending it to PS CS6 (the dialogue asks whether you want to do that when you choose Edit In). Given that LR 4 is rendering it with the latest and greatest Camera Raw, I don't think we're missing anything. BTW, don't know whether you've downloaded the latest version of LR 4 (4.1 RC 2 - note the number two versus the last version l after RC), but it's available on Adobe Labs. Cheers!
ACR 7.0 for CS6 is an earlier build than ACR 6.7 for CS5. I know that sounds odd, but the CS6 beta deadline was before 5d mk3 support was added. Once 7.1 for Cs6 is available, you should be all set. In the meantime, your options are using CS5, rendering the file first with LR, or convert to DNG.
So here's the workaround that I found... I created a preset to edit in another application and chose PS CS4. Even though I chose CS4, it opens the file in CS6, which was a surprise, but a good one. :-) I did try RC2 before creating this workaround and still had the same problem there.