joshua_withers's profile

111 Messages


2.8K Points

Fri, Oct 18, 2019 4:40 PM


Rename 'Normal' on a group on Normal vs Pass Through

Let me start by saying I've been using PS since 1992 and I'm a Photoshop Teacher. 
Normal vs Pass through confuses my students heavily. I understand the concept completely but when clicking their layer groups, they instinctively think their group should be set to 'Normal'.  

Has it been discussed to call that function something else?  I don't have the best word in mind, but something more intuitive would help.
Maybe just call it something descriptive like "treat group as flattened' 
or something like that...?  

-Josh Withers




627 Messages


14.7K Points

2 y ago

"Contained" sounds like the most concise way to say "Nothing inside changes stuff outside" IMO.