Questions re: transitioning to Creative Cloud from an Older Version of Photoshop
I have several questions due to transitioning from an old version of photoshop into Creative Cloud, in which things do not work the same as they used to work.
1. I have a template of three panels and a lettering guide for an online comic strip (on a separate layer so I can make it disappear).
When I bring up the template, and enlarge it to 22% or 33% (the sizes I like to draw in) it somehow
morphs into two different pieces and the boxes move around while the toolbar does not.
QUESTION: Is there a way to lock them together so that they move as one? (Which they did in the old version).
2. The LASSO is also very annoying now. It used to be that you could lasso something and drag it someplace else
(as long as you were on the same layer). Now sometimes it will not drag - how to make it drag?
3. Also, sometimes using the Lasso it will “Lock” two layers together. I want to stop it from locking layers together.
4. The Transform also seems clunkier. I can no longer enlarge something and keep it in the same proportion like I
could the old way. How do you use Transform so that you can enlarge something and keep it the exact proportion.
5. The TEXT is causing new problems but the old version was problematic too. It seems like
it gets “locked” and unable to change proportions without deleting the layer and starting all over again. Help?
6. The “Copy” and “Paste” work differently too. It used to be you could “copy” something and the new copy would appear
on a new layer that you could easily drag. Now there is a problem dragging the new thing that just got “pasted”.
7. The “HAND” graphic pops up sometimes when I’m trying to use the pen - I want to get rid of the “hand” feature, I
never use it.
8. In the old version I could produce Vertical and Horizontal Lines that I could use the “snap” feature on and trace
straight horizontal and vertical lines. Now I can’t make those guide lines appear.
9. If I shade something, and take my pen off the spot (using a Wacom tablet), then put the pen back down, it makes the shade darker.
In the old version I could shade something and it would stay the same color even if I lifted and put back down the
pen tip. I want to be able to do that again.
9. Pop up videos sometimes appear when I’m trying to select a tool - how do I get rid of those?
Answers to any or a few of these questions would be so helpful!