Skip to main content
Adobe Photoshop Family

6 Messages

 • 

140 Points

Mon, Mar 9, 2015 4:20 PM

Photoshop CS6 can't manually specify font size in Character Palette

I just got a new 2015 macbook pro, installed PS6 and ran all updates, and suddenly I am unable to edit a portion of a line of text properly. For instance if I have a line of text that says jazz music and want jazz to be 14 big and music to be 12.4 big, when I go and just select music from the line of text and then try to edit the size in the character editor, when I put my cursor in the size field, it just highlights the whole field and won't let me enter a number by hand. I can only choose from the dropdown. If I try to edit the number by hand (for instance, to make it 12.4 size, vs 12, suddenly it's putting the number 12.4 on the actual document (as if I wanted it typed on the document as part of the graphic). No matter what I do I am unable to manually change a section of the text using the character editor. I used to be able to do this, no problem, on my last laptop.

Responses

Adobe Administrator

 • 

3.5K Messages

 • 

53K Points

6 years ago

Hi Mikalaka,

What OS are you running?

Would you be willing to do a web-hosted screenshare in order to troubleshoot your problem?  That way I can see you screen and setup.  All you need is a connection and a phone line (so we can talk at the same time).

Let me know and I'll set something up,
Thanks,
David

6 Messages

 • 

140 Points

6 years ago

It's a work computer and they wouldn't be very happy about that, so I'll have to say no.

OS 10.10.2

Adobe Administrator

 • 

3.5K Messages

 • 

53K Points

I'm not going to be able to help you much if I cannot see the problem.  I cannot reproduce the problem here and am fairly certain that it's a setup issue.

Thanks,
David

70 Messages

 • 

1.4K Points

6 years ago

You might try a tool reset:


Benjamin

6 Messages

 • 

140 Points

6 years ago

Thanks for the suggestion: We tried that and that also doesn't work. However we just tried trashing preferences and restarted and that worked! So it was just a damaged prefs file. We should have tried this first. Thanks for your assistance.