Dominik_Source's profile

121 Messages


1.5K Points

Mon, Jun 29, 2020 6:17 PM


Photoshop: Add the Turbulent Displace filter from After Effects to Photoshop

For high-end retouching purposes computer generated artwork usually looks too clean. A great way to add variation to gradients, edges etc. is to apply a turbulent displace filter like the one that is implemented in After Effects. It would be great to have access to such a filter in Photoshop. Here is a quick example:

Besides adding variation, imagine all the creative effects you can achieve with that ...




3.7K Messages


61K Points

1 y ago

Try the 'Glass' filter in the filter gallery under 'Distort'. That gives a quite similar effect if you play with the settings.

1 Message


80 Points

1 y ago

I was looking for the same thing on photoshop many months ago, it would be great for them to add it in instead of having to export the images to after effects and then save them and put them back into photoshop