Elements Organizer 14 and 2019 on Mac OS Keep Losing Files Because They Switch to Time Machine Drive
1. After closing the photo in Editor and returning to Organizer, all the imported photos would go missing. The photo thumbnails would be replaced by gray boxes with a question marks, even though their location had not changed.
2. If I tried to open one in Organizer, it would say it was missing and start searching my whole hard drive for it.
3. If I browsed for the location of the "missing" file, the original location says it's on my Time Machine backup volume instead of my hard drive! See attached screenshot
4. If I tried to reconnect the folder from my hard drive, it says it already exists in the catalog! However, the folder is not reconnected, and I can neither see the thumbnail nor open it in Organizer or Editor
5. The only way to reconnect the "missing" file is to close and reopen Organizer
There is no logical reason for this to happen. The only way I can see to prevent Organizer from switching to my Time Machine backup is to unmount it, which would defeat the purpose. I paid for Elements 14 and might consider upgrading to 2019 if it worked properly, since it supports DNG files. I can't believe there's no way to contact Adobe directly without buying 2019 first, which is another fact deterring me from upgrading. I've seen 2 posts on the Adobe community forum about this problem (Elements Organizer 2018 Mac - photos keep linking to time machine snapshot and Just installed Elements, Organizer keeps pointing to Time Machine folder....? ) but no answers. Here's a discussion on the Adobe Community Forum, in case it helps: Elements Organizer 14 and 2019 on Mac OS Keep Switching to Time Machine
Could one of the experts please address this issue?! Or tell me how I can make Adobe aware of the problem?