Photoshop (Beta) for Apple Silicon is here!
PHOTOSHOP (BETA) FOR APPLE SILICON IS HERE!
We are excited to announce the first Beta release of Photoshop running natively on Apple Silicon hardware!
This early version of Photoshop for Apple Silicon offers many of the core Photoshop features that you've come to rely on for your day to day editing needs, and we'll be adding more features in the weeks to come. Note that Beta software is not officially supported yet by Adobe, but we want to hear from you, and this is the place to let us know how it's going.
Before posting questions, read the notes below to familiarize yourself with the known limitations in the build. As we release new builds, we'll update the notes.
PHOTOSHOP FOR APPLE SILICON SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS:
- Apple Silicon Hardware with M1 chip and current operating system from Apple
THIS IS BETA SOFTWARE:
- This Adobe Photoshop for ARM BETA will only install and work on ARM hardware that meets the minimum system requirements. If you have qualifying ARM hardware and you do not see the installer, check manually for an update (Help > Check for Updates). If it still does not appear, try logging out/back into the Creative Cloud Desktop application.
This is not a fully functioning version of Photoshop; it contains several limitations compared to the more widely available version of Photoshop for Macintosh. Over time, more features will be made available. See the 'Known Issues' section below for more details.
- As Photoshop migrates away from CEP toward UXP for third party extensions, having the ARM version of Photoshop for your testing is an important reason why we are making this version available to you so soon. Please refer to documentation and support resources here: https://www.adobe.io/photoshop/uxp/
- Visit our online discussion forums for discussing Photoshop ARM-related issues here.
- Before reporting issues with this build to our online forum, please be sure to first review the Known Issues section so that duplicate issues are not reported.
- Many features are still not available in this version of Photoshop, and some features may experience slow performance. Please refer to the following known issues before submitting feedback.
- Features NOT PRESENT IN THIS VERSION:
- Camera RAW
- Select Sky/Sky Replacement
- Refine Hair (in Select and Mask)
- Liquify Filter: Face Aware features
- OilPaint filter
- Video timeline and file format support
- All CEP-based Panels (CC Libraries panel, 3rd party extensions)
- Adaptive Wide Angle
- Shake Reduction
- Face Detection underlying Color Range skin tones and Content Aware Move functions
- Match Font/Font Similarity
- Rich Tooltips, Coach marks for Discovery Panel tutorials
- Microsoft Dial support
- File Info Panel
- Layer > Smart Objects > Stack Mode menu item disabled
- Content Aware Fill
- Content Aware Scale
- Content Aware Move
- Focus Area
- Auto-Blend Layers
- Spot Healing Brush
- Patch Tool
- Healing brush
- Some File formats not supported:
- Features present, but with limitations or bugs:
- Import from Lightroom Photos via the home screen does not work
- Filter Gallery functions may seem to hang but will eventually succeed
- All 3D-related functions are limited; either very slow or not fully rendering 3D content; includes 3D printing, 360 panorama editing, normal and bump map filters, Lighting Effects
- Scrubby Zoom behavior is erratic
- Changing stroke pixel size not working as expected
- Opening hundreds of files could cause a crash
- Several features are running slower on M1 native devices; these will be optimized over time:
- Select Subject (may have bugs due to misclassification)
- Object Aware Matting (in Select and Mask)
- Object Selection
- Preserve Details 2.0 Upscale (Image Size dialog box
For more information, see Photoshop, Apple Silicon, and Big Sur | macOS 11