Lightroom: New Way to Handle Related Groups of Photos
What I'm asking for here is an expansion of the current Master/Copy relationship between a Master image and Virtual Copies, so that all images related to a Master image are linked back to it regardless of file name or location. This would be implemented with features like:
- A checkbox to identify Master Images. Can't be unchecked once other files are linked.
- When derivative files are exported, a checkbox to 'Link to Master Photo in Catalog'
- If that is checked, a text box for the copy name (such as "1024 JPG")
- Ability to add existing duplicates/derivatives to a master by selecting related files and right-clicking 'Link to Master'
- Enable the 'Go to Master' button next to 'Copy Name' for all linked files (as it works now for Virtual copies
- 1. Either automatically stack all derivatives with the Master file, OR
- 2. Add a 'Work with all related Files' button next to the filename, goes to something like an ad-hoc collection with the Master file and all derivative, duplicate, and virtual copies in the catalog